The Shorewood Woman’s Club was founded in 1936 by three community leaders: Mrs. Clarence Benton, Mrs. Earl Gile and Mrs. William Hubbard who gathered friends as Charter members. They met for many years in churches and the former Hubbard Lodge. For more than 30 years the Club maintained a clubhouse in the former Lodge in Hubbard Park, managed a Thrift Shop in the lower level of the Village Hall and established the first Senior Center. From its foundation, scholarships were a priority for the use of Club funds and thanks to their legacy, the Club continues to use not only the gifts of the founders to offer academic scholarships to Shorewood High School young women who demonstrate excellence in their studies and community service. Scholarships were expanded to UWM for women returning to school to complete their education. Our membership draws from the Shorewood, Fox Point, Milwaukee, Glendale and Whitefish Bay communities. Service projects have included the purchase of a specialized pediatric emergency bag for EMTs, sewing and gathering supplies for Operation Smile, showers for Meta House residents, gifts for Sojourner Family Peace Center, an annual holiday card project for Village shut-ins, and they especially enjoy being the ice cream ‘scoopers’ for the summer Library Family Night. But it isn’t all work as members enjoy tours, theater productions, social events, and have our dedicated group of book lovers.